New School - St Michael's C of E Academy - Head of Academy
St Michael’s will be an exceptional and inclusive Church of England School and part of the highly successful Learning Academy Partnership family of schools. The Learning Academy Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust made up of both Church of England and community schools situated across Torbay and Devon. We are passionate about improving life chances for every child and are proud to be recognised nationally as being in the top 10 high performing Trusts for high outcomes and the progress that all our children make.
Our schools are each at the centre of their local communities and celebrate their individuality and distinctiveness. A core feature in how we work as a Trust is our collective and united approach in delivering an exceptional education for all children. We do this through working very closely together in mutual support and challenge to empower excellence for our children, families and the communities that we serve. You will therefore be joining a family of Leaders, fully committed to supporting and empowering you throughout your leadership journey and the development of our newest school. You will also play an important role in the development of our Trust in contributing to shaping and driving our future direction. In short, our ethos is one of working together to Collectively Empower Excellence.
St Michael’s Church of England Academy will be opening its doors to nursery and reception children in September 2020 and will increase by one Year Group year-on-year, until we have classes in every Year Group from nursery through to Year 6.
Applications are invited for the post of Head of Academy with responsibility for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school. This is a great opportunity to become the first Head of Academy of this new school. In the first instance the role will initially have a 0.6fte teaching commitment.
St Michael’s will build on the success of the Learning Academy Partnership’s current Academies, achieving academic excellence within a caring and inspirational curriculum. As a Church of England Academy, St Michael’s will also be part of the wider diocesan family of schools and you will be committed to developing the Christian distinctiveness and ethos of this new school.
The post commences in June 2020 and you will have the opportunity to be involved in recruiting staff during 2020 and to prepare and shape the school, working with Leaders and other Heads across the Trust family.
The School will offer:
• An exceptional education, curriculum and a new world of opportunity for staff and children
• A Trust that supports and develops people through opportunities and CPD
• A Staff and Trust team who will support you all the way
• The support of a Teaching School – All Saints Teaching School Alliance
• A Trust Leadership Team, Board of Directors and Local Governing Body who will support your ideas and vision
We are looking for a leader who:
• Exemplifies and actively promotes the Trust core values of Collectively Empowering Excellence
• Is passionate about transforming children’s life chances
• Has excellent and proven leadership expertise with a proven track record of school improvement
• Is able to build relationships quickly
• Is highly capable with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose
• Has high expectations and is passionate about improving children’s life chances
• Believes that there is no ceiling to what young people can achieve
• Has excellent communication skills and the ability to coach, celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Is committed to the highest quality teaching and learning ensuring the best possible outcomes for every child
• Will be a highly visible leader
• Will create an excitement and sense of community within the new school and across the local community
• Values enrichment and investment in extra-curricular opportunities alongside great teaching and learning inside the classroom
• Has Curriculum Development expertise
• Has a positive, resilient and optimistic approach; is proactive and confident
• Is committed to partnership, collaboration and sharing expertise
• Will engage with a range of stakeholders including Church, multi-agency services, local community, parents, local schools etc.
• Is extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to teaching and learning
• Is able to create a high-quality, stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment
• Is able to work effectively within our hardworking, talented and friendly Trust
• Is able to develop, the Christian ethos
• Have the ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support children and families
• Has a clear understanding of safeguarding procedures and a strong desire to keep children safe
Essential educational requirements
Second class degree or higher
Relevant Teaching Qualification
Qualified Teaching Status
National Professional Qualification for Headship
Evidence of further study - this could be ongoing and/or Further Professional Qualifications
Essential skills and experience
An enthusiastic and inspirational leader who is passionate about teaching and learning and who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best
We can offer you:
• ‘Gold Model’ professional development
• Practice informed by evidence based research CPD for all our staff
• A strong, proactive wellbeing network across the Trust
• A culture that takes work life balance extremely seriously for all its staff
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals
• The opportunity to work alongside staff who are passionate about children and have the drive to ensure that every child becomes the best they can be
• Opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
• The opportunity to work effectively with other schools within our hubs, our Trust and surrounding areas
• Trust benefits including cycle and tech schemes
About Warberry CofE Academy
Warberry C of E Academy is part of the Learning Academy Trust which currently consists of 8 academies and nurseries within 3 regional hubs. We are opening a brand new primary academy and nursery, St Michael’s Church of England Academy, in Paignton in September 2020. We work collectively to transform the lives of our children and empower our staff to develop and create successful learning environments.
- Cedars Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 1SB
- Warberry CofE Academy website (opens in a new window)