Responsibilities for the role are:
- Lead and
refine the school’s Computing curriculum
- Teach Computing
to the highest standard across Years 1-6
responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in Computing
ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Deliver an extra-curricular
Computing club once a week
- Maintain and
organise all Computing equipment, ensuring it is in good working condition
(supported our technical support partners – Soft Egg)
- Deliver staff
training as Computing Lead
- Lead in the
safeguarding area of online safety
St Leonard’s can promise you an established and dynamic leadership
team who are committed raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work
alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
- An outstanding bespoke Computing Suite of 31
desktops that run on a MacOS Monterey operating system.
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong
Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- Children who are articulate, happy and
motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with
unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A Headteacher who puts children at the heart
of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing
organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own
school and across our family of 19 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent knowledge of the
expectations and delivery of the primary Computing curriculum.
- Be passionate about helping children navigate
a growing technological world.
- Have the ability to enable pupils to reach
their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal
philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England
ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing
barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from
whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and
pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this
commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you
wish to make
This job post has expired.