The Shared Learning Trust – Staff Benefits
We offer a fantastic range of benefits across our trust, supporting our staff in a variety of ways. From an extensive Wellbeing package to an onsite car wash, you can be reassured that we have your best interests at heart.
- Perkbox and Perkbox Medical
- NPQ’s Teacher Development Trust and training courses with The National College
- Staff social events, including 5 a-side football and BBQs
- Reduced gym membership rates and free on-site gym
- Staff recognition with reward shopping vouchers
- On-site Indian head or shoulder massage
- Online delivery drop off service, including Amazon
- Free eye test vouchers
- Onsite car was at reduced rates
- Support for all staff with an experienced licensed counsellor
- Free tea and coffee plus a reusable bamboo coffee cup for new starters
- Free onsite car parking at all academies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced pension employers’ contribution and death in service payment
- Dry cleaning and ironing service
- Refer a friend £500 bonus scheme
Non-Teaching Assistant Head of Year
The Chalk Hills Academy are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Head of Year to join our supportive pastoral team. This is a pastoral role where you will assist the Head of Year to ensure significant academic progress and excellent behaviour of students across a year group. To succeed in this role, you will be able to inspire and motivate students to excel in their education and have high expectations of what students can achieve. You will be part of the pastoral team, led by a Senior Head of Year and includes Heads of Years and Assistant Heads of Year and this will be a non-teaching role.
The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. ‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· To work within the school’s pastoral support team under the guidance of the Senior Heads of Year, Assistant Headteacher (Behaviour), Vice Principal (Whole School Behaviour), and other SLT (Senior Leadership Team) staff.
· To work with the SLT, Heads of Year, other Assistant Heads of Year, and teaching staff to identify and monitor student concerns and to assist in the identification and support for students with organisational or behavioural difficulties.
· To respond to immediate student concerns clarifying the situation for the Senior Leader/Heads of Year and to make decisions on the use of lower level sanctions where appropriate.
· Within the pastoral team and with liaison with the appropriate staff, draw up and implement a range of preventative strategies for students with organisational and behavioural difficulties e.g., anger management, mentoring, attendance workshops or other related sessions to promote positive learning behaviour within the scope of the post.
· To support in the effective running and function of the Alternative Provision Unit (Compass), including staffing Compass on a rota basis with other Assistant Heads of Year.
· Publicise the achievements of your year group. Collation of articles for the monthly newsletter and update Year Group notice boards and website pages.
· Support with the preparation of school events such as open evenings and parents evenings.
· Prepare data and reports for HoYs as required.
· To support students working in the reflection room, through the use of restorative behaviour techniques where appropriate.
· To liaise with external agencies where directed and to attend relevant meetings with them and/or parents as appropriate.
· To act as a point of contact with parents and to maintain regular contact with them to encourage parental involvement in their child’s education.
· To refer upwards those issues that may need the guidance/involvement of outside agencies to the Head of Year and Senior Head of Year
· To undertake additional roles and responsibilities as directed by the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Energy, commitment and attention to detail
· A good sense of humour and the ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations with ease
· An understanding of how an effective pastoral system underpins high academic achievement
· A ‘can do’ attitude, hard-worker
· Resilience and the ability to work as part of a team
· Passionate about pastoral support
· Can run intervention to support students needing additional support
· Local community knowledge would be beneficial
· Those who can run clubs/extra curriculum welcome
Start date: September 2023
Salary: NJC L5 15-20 £25,878- £28,371 FTE (actual salary £22,394- £24,552) depending on experience
Job Role: Permanent, Full-time Term-time 5 INSET days
We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as:
“Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Shared Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and child protection at every stage of the recruitment process.
This job post has expired.