Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Do you want to work somewhere where you genuinely make a difference? We are looking for an experienced, talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working SENDCo who is committed to enhancing the provision for SEND across the school.
This is a non-teaching role. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will be required to initiate, develop and monitor effective strategies which enable our SEND pupils to achieve their potential in line with the vision for the school.
In a SENDCo we are looking for:
• Someone who has already gained the National Special Educational Needs Coordination Accreditation Award
• Someone who has a thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• Someone with a commitment to overcoming barriers and achieving high standards for children with SEND
• Someone with the ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in supporting children with SEND
• Someone who can think strategically but is also a ‘doer’
Shirley Warren Primary and Nursery is a two form entry school close to Southampton General Hospital. As a school we can offer you:
• Reward and challenge in equal measure
• A supportive staff team who are dedicated to the needs of the children
• Fantastic children with a wide range of diverse need
• A commitment to your professional development and well-being
Arranging a visit to Shirley Warren Primary & Nursery School
Visits to the school are essential. Please contact the school office on 02380773975 or via email at email@example.com to arrange a tour and meeting with the Headteacher. Please note that application packs will only be provided after a visit to the school.