The school has an on-site Nursery for two, three and four-year olds and is two -form entry for Years R-6. We ar e seeki ng to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Nursery Teacher , to nurture and support our youngest children. T o be effective in this role, y ou will need to be a qualified teacher, who is :
- P assionate about providing memorable learning opportunities for all childre n within a creative and inspiring curriculum
- Dedicated to our children, with a belief that all children can succeed
- A n excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, innovative, creative and caring
- C ommitted to raising standards through excellent teaching and learning
- Able to take overall responsibility for the quality and standards of teaching and learning in the Nursery
- An excellent classroom practitioner
We are interested in hearing from anybody who believes they could make a real and sustained difference to the youngest children in the school, no matter their current level of experience. We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- The opportunity to plan with, and learn from, colleagues across the Trust
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- Dedicated weekly planning time which Teaching Assistants are paid to attend
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College training account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance when they need it most
The Mead Trust is made up of three primary schools in Wiltshire: The Mead School and Castle Mead School in Trowbridge and River Mead School in Melksham. All three schools are graded as Good by Ofsted and are individual learning communities, with their differences valued. We are an organisation characterised by optimism, excellence and creativity. We love to share good practice and to learn from, and challenge, each other.
Contract type: Fixed term to 31 st August 2024
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
This job post has expired.