- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 Months)
- Main pay scale - £25,714 - £36,961
Are you a highly skilled Early Years practitioner looking to further your career? Are you a strong leader with good communication and leadership skills? A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in our Partnership to employ a manager for our nursery, at Sinclair Nursery and Primary school.
As Nursery Manager, you will be working with and following the direction of the Partnership Leadership team to provide management of the nursery team, effectively organise and manage the day-to-day running of the nursery, and ensure the highest standards of care and education.
Your Key responsibilities include:
• To lead the effective delivery of all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, OFSTED and Welfare Requirements and Statutory Frameworks.
• To lead, motivate and monitor all nursery practitioners to ensure the safety, wellbeing and development of all children.
• Day to day management of the nursery team, ensuring all staff receive support and guidance, ensuring regular supervision and team meetings are carried out, along with supporting the SLT to carry out annual performance appraisals.
• To support the SLT with all aspects of team management including recruitment, development, supervision and retention.
• To adhere to all nursery policies and procedures and ensure all staff receive regular training and information on these.
• Degree educated/Early Years Foundation Degree (or equivalent experience).
• Qualified Teacher Status (desirable).
• Strong leadership Skills with the ability to lead a team to achieve objectives to the highest standard.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at the highest level with staff, pupils, current and prospective parents.
• Experienced at planning and reporting, preparing reports for senior team regarding target attainment and outstanding opportunities.
• A pleasant and engaging manner which inspires confidence with both staff and parents.
• The ability to make good relationships with colleagues, building trust and respect to deliver excellent customer service, sometimes handling difficult situations.
• An organised and methodical approach to office procedures, database management and record keeping.
• The ability to learn quickly, digest new information and communicate this effectively with people at all levels.
• Outstanding knowledge of EYFS and OFSTED Standards.
• The ability to use own initiative, suggest improvements to processes, prioritise and be proactive in managing workload.
• At least two year’s experience in a similar role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 223 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Sinclair Primary and Nursery School
Sinclair Primary and Nursery School is part of a 5 school partnership, including a National Support School. Our Headteacher is a National Leader and leads 3 community schools and 2 faith schools. We centre on the child in every sense of the word and our diversity and richness adds even more to the provision that we offer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.