Nursery Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 23 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible.
23 February 2023 at 11:59pm
7 February 2023
- Early years
- View all Part timejobs - 32.5 hours per week.
- Fixed term - One Year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £20258 - £22256
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Mathematics – must be able to support English and Maths successfully
- Level 3 Early Years Teaching Assistant Qualification (or equivalent)
- Relevant work, training or further development
- Safeguarding training
- Relevant experience in primary classrooms
- Experience of working in partnership with a teacher and other adults in a school setting
- Demonstrable evidence of experience in supporting children’s progress in a learning environment
- Demonstrable evidence of implementing interventions for 1:1 or small groups
- Demonstrable evidence of establishing positive relationships with children
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection issues
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to enthuse, inspire, influence and motivate others
- Knowledge of the use of basic technology ie. Photocopier, computer, and digital camera
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Ability to provide appropriate levels of individual attention, nurture and reassurance to help to achieve the intended learning outcomes or emotional needs of the child
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to empathise with the needs of children and demonstrate active listening skills
- Expertise in supporting children with additional educational needs
- Evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with children, staff and parents
- Ability to undertake observations of individual children and complete records under the direction of the teacher.
- Ability to lead group and individual learning.
- Ability to use experience initiative to identify next steps in the learning journey of young readers.
- A fundamental belief that every child matters
- A fundamental belief that aspirations and achievement can be significantly altered
- A flexible approach to people and situations
- Creative, forward thinking and innovative
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Resilient and tenacious
- Diplomatic and discrete
- Reliable under pressure
- A commitment to personal development and life long learning
- Excellent health & attendance record
- Excellent standard of personal conduct including use of social media
What the school offers its staff
As a self-improving school, we provide many opportunities for professional development.
If you are motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about learning, and are passionate about making a difference to children's life chances and can work effectively within a team, then this is the school for you.
Burraton CP School supports and encourages staff to be the best they can be. We provide opportunities for high quality CPD and work hard to manage the work-life balance of our staff.
We offer a high-quality learning environment which is well resourced and maintained. We have a highly skilled team in our nursery, a friendly, good humoured and collaborative team of staff in the wider school, a supportive senior leadership team and governing body who have a genuine commitment to the emotional wellbeing of staff and children; we also provide many opportunities for professional development. If you join Team Burraton, you will have a chance to make a real difference to the lives of children in our community and their families. The successful candidate will be invited to contribute their knowledge and expertise in supporting our current team in continuing to develop our nursery into an outstanding provision.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Burraton Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 412 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01752 843019
We are a two-form entry school on the Cornwall/Devon boarder. We offer a warm welcome from a supportive, hard-working and passionate team, wonderful children and many opportunities for further professional development for the right person. We have an onsite Nursery and an Area Resource Base.
Arranging a visit to Burraton Community Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Yealmpstone Farm Primary School
Meadowfield Place, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 1XQ
Biscovey Nursery and Infants' Academy
Lamellyn Road, Par, Cornwall, PL24 2DB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall