You will be part of the administration team which has day to
day responsibility for the smooth running of our office at Cheddington Combined
Our administration team are at the heart of
organising and managing all of the administration and operational processes for
the school, including:
• working with the IT support company and assisting
in the resolution of IT issues
• communication with parents, schools and other professionals
who support pupils
• meeting and greeting pupils and visitors
• maintaining pupil records, including
attendance and assessment data
• maintaining confidential records and ensuring
that data is held in an appropriate and secure way
• collating and maintaining club bookings and lettings
• producing letters, reports and emails
• support classroom colleagues with the
organisation of trips and offsite activities, together with booking transport,
completing paperwork and risk assessments
• liaising with suppliers and contractors
• completing all the necessary office
administration from filing and creating databases to making sure that we have
sufficient supplies of pens and refreshments!
The role is varied and you will be one of our
‘go to’ people for anything and everything needed to help with the
administration necessary to ensure the school operates effectively.
The role is
for 5 days a week from 8.20am to 3.20pm with 30 minutes for lunch. We are a friendly, welcoming
team. We offer training to all our staff to develop skills and enable us to
deliver the best possible outcomes for the children in our care. Could you be
the person to join us?
We are looking for applicants who:
• are confident users of IT including Excel,
Word, Publisher and Google docs
• understand the need for confidentiality
• effective communicator both orally and in
• are well organised with an eye for detail
• have experience of working in a small, busy
office setting, particularly in a school (having knowledge of school-based
systems is desirable as we hope that the successful applicant will quickly be
able to adapt to the role and establish themselves within the team)
• can contribute to the effective operational
and financial management through effective application of policies and
procedures including handling cash transactions
• are willing to undertake First Aid training
and assist with First Aid as needed.
• can manage conflicting priorities and ‘last
• are able to work as part of a team but also
confident to work on their own initiative
• are flexible and pro-active
If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy
multi-tasking and are interested in helping us to ensure that our pupils have
the best opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
We regard the safeguarding and well-being of our children as paramount. (An DBS self-declaration form will be required from candidates selected for interview; and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.) References will be taken prior to interview.
This job post has expired.