Wansdyke Primary School
Start: 6th January 2020
Salary: WMAT Grade 5 Scale 11-15 (£21,166 - £22,911 FTE) £13,638 - £14,763 actual pro rata
Contract: Permanent following a successful probationary period
Location: Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14
Hours: 27.75 hours per week TTO +2 INSET days + 4 other days
10:30–4:45pm Mon, Wed, Fri and 11:00–4:45 Tues and Thurs. Includes 30 mins lunch (unpaid)
We are looking to appoint an Administrator who is proactive, efficient and meticulous. This person will oversee a variety of matters relating to administrative functions within the school, working alongside another Administration Officer and reporting to the Head Teacher.
We are looking for an Administrator who:
• has experience of working in an office (this does not have to be within a school)
• can demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills
• has excellent IT skills and could manage a website and social media feeds
• has excellent spoken/written communication and language skills
• is enthusiastic about running an orderly and efficient working environment
• is good at prioritising (an ability to make lists is essential!)
• remains professional and positive under pressure
• can represent and promote the ethos of the school and Wellsway MAT
We can offer:
• a caring ethos and a staff team who support each other
• an exciting vision for the future of our learning community
• a commitment to your professional development
• scope to develop ideas and innovate
• a staff who trust in each other and thrive on working as a team
• strong and sensitive leadership by Governors and Senior Leaders
Visits are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement and potential candidates should contact Mr Adam Smith, Head Teacher at Wansdyke Primary School on 0117 903 0218 to arrange a convenient date and time.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Thursday 5th December
Interviews to be held week beginning Monday 9th December
Wansdyke Primary School is part of Wellsway Multi Academy Trust (WMAT). The Trust is at an exciting stage in its development and currently comprises of thirteen schools and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in East Bristol and Bath.
The successful applicant will be employed by Wansdyke School on a Wellsway Multi Academy Trust contract. For further information on Wellsway Multi Academy Trust, please visit our website:
• Download the Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form.
• Candidates will be specifically assessed against the criteria stated in the JD and PS so carefully consider the role description, responsibilities and required attributes when providing the detail in your application. It is vital that your application demonstrates how your experience, qualifications and personality directly relate to the JD and PS.
• Visit the school website: https://www.wansdykeschool.org.uk/
• Email your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Essential educational requirements
Good standard of education (3x GCSEs - English & Maths C or above)
Secretarial / Administrative qualifications or certificates desirable.
Essential skills and experience
Working in a busy office environment
Working in a front of house position
Working collaboratively as part of a team
Providing administrative support to senior management
As a member of the Wellsway Multi Academy Trust team, you will be part of a very positive and highly
skilled community, and would be joining at a really exciting time in the Trusts journey.
We believe staff are our most important resource and are valued, supported and encouraged to develop
personally and professionally throughout their career. The Trust is committed to its duties as an employer
and places high importance on staff wellbeing offering a range of benefits to staff these include:
• Discounted sports centre and gym staff membership
• Free wellbeing support and medical cover with some cover for family members
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Eye care vouchers
• Teachers/LGPS pension scheme (contributory)
• Career opportunities
About Wansdyke Primary School
- School Close, Bristol, BS14 0DU
- Wansdyke Primary School website (opens in a new window)