The Bridge School are seeking to appoint a calm, flexible and positive office manager to work within a friendly office team at The Bridge School to start as soon as possible. Hours of work are 37 per week term time plus an additional 4 weeks. £22,558-24,528 per annum depending on experience. Monday - Thursday 8.30 am-4.30 pm Friday 8.30 am-4.00 pm.
The Bridge School, Sedgemoor is one of four Pupil Referral Units commissioned by Somerset County Council and Somerset schools. We provide services through a number of centres for children and young people who have a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.
We support a number of children and young people across the age range from 4 - 16 years where they are at risk of, or have been permanently excluded from mainstream schools. We are looking for dynamic, positive, creative and resilient practitioners who can support children and young people across the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead a small team of staff, ensuring an effective, efficient and professional service
- Oversee the smooth running of the office functions and reception duties
- Support with administration support for the Head of School, taking notes at meetings, providing a high degree of confidentiality
- Organising the school calendar, Head of School's diary and general organisation throughout the school year
- Oversight and management of the schools' Management Information System (MIS) which is currently Arbor
- Completion of census data which is provided at set points throughout the year
- Oversight and management of the examinations from an administration perspective - registering students, processing examination papers and supporting with relevant documentation and organisation
- A willingness to work across the different centres for The Bridge School and also across the other schools within the partnership
We can offer ongoing CPD opportunities, promotional opportunities and a very supportive and skilled team. The Bridge works as a part of a wider team within a formal partnership with both Polden Bower and Avalon Schools.
If you feel you have what it takes to work with us to achieve the very best for our students, we would very much like to hear from you.
Enquiries are welcomed, please contact Jo Stamford for further information on 01278 496386 or email HR@poldenbower.org.uk.
The Bridge School Sedgemoor is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure, medical clearance, proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
Following the acceptance of your interview, an online check will be carried out as detailed in the latest Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.