Deadline is today
Start date details
As soon as possible
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- Salary Range: £28,909 - £33,060
What skills and experience we're looking for
- 1x A Level (or equivalent) and 5 x A*-C GCSE or equivalent to include English and Mathematics (essential)
- Evidence of professional development in a school setting
- Willingness to work towards appropriate professional qualifications.
- Working knowledge and experience of financial procedures and processing (invoices, receipts, banking)
- Good level of IT competency including data bases, Microsoft and the ability to develop as required (essential)
- Working knowledge of a range of administration procedures (essential)
- Working knowledge of recruitment procedures - overseeing inductions, DBS checks, obtaining references, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, children and other professionals (essential)
Proven ability to:
- Inspire others with trust and confidence
- Resolve conflict through active listening and negotiation
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and a willingness to listen to others
- Remain calm when working under pressure.
- Ability to show patience and empathy
- Protect sensitive data and work with data protection standards and GDPR.
- Excellent time management and personal and professional organisation
- Commitment to the school’s ethos, aims and its whole community (essential)
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding (essential)
- Positive recommendation from present employer
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Ability to satisfy our Safer Recruitment (DBS/ health) checks.
What the school offers its staff
At the YES Trust, we believe our aims and vision for our students and their families are best achieved through supported, valued team members. We offer the following benefits to all trust employees from their first day with us:
- Employee performance bonus scheme
- Access and support with training and CPD
- Specialist training where required
- Free lunch at school
- Free parking
- Nursery benefits
- Car purchase salary sacrifice scheme
- Free electric charging (subject to policy)
- Education Mutual – access to free face to face counselling, physiotherapy, nurse help-line, prescription service whenever you need it
o A huge range of discounts, free gifts, perks including shopping, eating out, holidays
o The Wellness Hub – access to a variety of practical and useful resources
o Medical – on-line GP appointments, prescriptions and advice at a time convenient to you
Further details about the role
This vacancy at The Axis Academy is an outstanding and unique opportunity for the right person to become a leader within a highly inclusive and collaborative team that strives to change the lives of children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) through all that we do.
We pride ourselves on being a versatile, empathetic, and intuitive team which develops bespoke, personalised programmes of study to meet the needs of all of our students to provide them with the opportunity to maximise their potential, whatever that potential may be. As a specialist school this is a rare opportunity that will give you the chance to help develop an education system that truly focuses on the individual.
The Axis Academy is fast becoming a beacon of outstanding practice in SEMH specialist provision. You will have the opportunity to grow with the school and truly make a difference to the most vulnerable young people in society.
To be successful you will need to both exemplify and be able to empower and inspire others to live our core values:
- Child centred
- Adaptive and sensitive to need
- Authentic in all our relationships
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 368 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Axis Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 16
- School size
- 47 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Axis Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
SEN Free School for 4-16 year olds with SEMH. The school caters for 48 pupils with a primary focus on mental health.
Arranging a visit to The Axis Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed