Online Teacher of Maths
9 days remaining to apply
Start date details
19 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 0.5FTE
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1 - UPS3, £28,000 – £43,685 pro-rata
+ SEN Allowance
This role is included in the DFE’s tax free Levelling Up Premium Payment of up to £3000, for eligibility info visit Levelling up premium payments for teachers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic online Teacher of Maths to work with our secondary pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with pupils who have a range of medical needs. For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
CHES provides both in-person and remote education to pupils who are unable to attend mainstream school due to their medical/health needs. A. Our Academy serves children living across Cornwall this role would best suit someone living in the mid-Cornwall area.
We are looking for someone who embodies Wave Trust's values; who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and an online check.
To apply please use our application form available on our website How to Apply - Wave MAT and submit this along with the equal opportunities form here
For any general questions contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What the school offers its staff
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplaces
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19
across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding
pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education
setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education.
The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Further details about the role
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
WORK AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or left behind. We are inclusive, we embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Community & Hospital Education Service Ap Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 16
- School size
- 15 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
CHES Academy is a medical provision academy that provide education for children and young people with complex medical and/or mental health needs which prevent them from attending school. We pride ourselves in providing pupils with access to high quality education, ensuring they are thoroughly prepared for the next stage in their learning journey. Personalisation is the cornerstone of our pedagogy; the curriculum is bespoke and programmes are crafted to meet individual needs which demands a totally flexible and adaptable approach to teaching and learning from all involved. Our medical provisions provide personalised education through a combination of centre teaching, individual teaching and online learning. CHES has three teaching centres in Cornwall; Glynn House our school base in Truro; our Hospital School room in the Royal Cornwall Hospital and our Education Unit within Sowenna, the adolescent Tier 4 unit in Bodmin.
Arranging a visit to Community & Hospital Education Service Ap Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Trescobeas Road, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 4LH
Helston Community College
Church Hill, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8NR
Maths and/or Science Teacher - Alternative Curriculum Provision
Richard Lander School
Higher Besore Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6LT
Kernick Road, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 8PZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed