Suitable for NQTs
£27,741.00 - £33,782.00 Annually (FTE) 37hrs per week, 41 weeks per year scp 23-30 £25,051.86 - £30,507.27
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced and versatile Operations Manager to join the leadership team at the largest school within East Midlands Academy Trust, Northampton International Academy on the next phase of their journey. The successful candidate will strategically lead and manage the business innovation, working closely with the central team in managing the financial, premises, personnel and administrative aspect of the school in order that the Head of School and other senior leaders can focus on teaching and learning raising standards. A key part of the role will be to embed and blend the trust’s systems, processes and protocols to ensure efficiency in priority areas.
Northampton International Academy is part of the East Midlands Academy Trust, it is an all through school, 4–19, and opened in September 2016. In July 2019, the academy achieved an Ofsted rating of Good.
It is a fantastic time to join NIA as it has its first Year 11 and 13 intake, as well as further groups in the primary phase and by September 2021 the school will have over 2000 pupils. This will make NIA one of the largest free schools in the country.
The children and staff at Northampton International Academy are currently completing the opening chapters of its history. The DNA of NIA is set by our High Expectations and Global Vision and we are building into the curriculum for all year groups our Character Drivers: Collaboration, Responsibility, Respect, Care, Excellence and Aspiration. By instilling these characteristics in our learners, they will flourish both within school and beyond as they set out to create their own histories
This role is key to the success of NIA and we want an Operations Manager who has a positive attitude, who cares about making a difference to the outcomes of our pupils and the development of the skilled team already in post. They will need to be a team player who can multitask effectively, motivate others and demonstrate a commitment to high standards.
The successful candidate will:
· have experience in working in a school or business environment at a senior level;
· have a recognisable qualification in school business management, accountancy, business administration;
· have the leadership skills to support the Headteachers, lead school teams and build successful working relationships across all disciplines of finance, HR, IT, premises and administration;
· have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s aims and ethos;
· have the desire to continue to grow and learn;
· be able to demonstrate strong IT skills including Word, Excel etc.
By working for our Trust, you’ll be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
· Continuous professional development and training opportunities
· Dedicated support from our central finance and HR team
· Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
· A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
· A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare vouchers scheme
· A corporate eye care plan
We truly believe that the children are and should be at the centre of all we do. Our dedicated staff encourage all our children to grow, making learning fun and challenging, supporting each other to achieve this, creating a real family feel.
Through our developing curriculum and caring ethos we ensure all our children get the learning opportunities and experiences they deserve to enable them to flourish. We are an integral part of wider community and pride ourselves in developing positive working relationships with our parents and families, as well as the wider community.
Do you want a role where you can demonstrate your skills and make a positive impact on our schools and children’s lives?
If you feel that you would like to become part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
For more information or an informal discussion please email email@example.com or contact Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281
Closing date for application – Monday 3rd May 2021.
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.