Coal Clough Academy wishes to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Outdoor Education – HLTA. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach, we would welcome an application from you. The purpose of this role is to assist with the organisation and running of the outdoor education programme to include trips and excursions, DoE expeditions and activity sessions.
What does this job do?
- Delivering sport and physical activities to children and young people, both in school curriculum time following the PE National Curriculum and/or set programs of study and also deliver a range of OSHL, (Out of School Hours Learning) extracurricular activities before school, at lunch times, after school and occasional evenings and weekends and school holidays.
- To support the Education Visits Coordination.
What are the job requirements?
- To assist with the organisation and running of the outdoor education programme to include trips and excursions, DoE expeditions and activity sessions.
- To accompany trips and excursions as part of this programme, including weekends/overnights.
- To assist with activities on induction/taster days and open days
- Prepare lesson plans and the equipment needed in advance of the lessons
- To maintain the outdoor education stores and equipment to ensure that all equipment is adequately logged, monitored and maintained so that it is available for issue.
- To attend staff briefings and meetings and to be familiar with all school routines and policies.
- Prepare lesson plans and the equipment needed in advance of the lessons.
- Provide assessments for students and adapt lesson plans based upon the ability of the group.
- Provide a safe and engaging environment for young people to thrive.
- Use sport to develop and mentor young people in a positive way.
About Coal Clough Academy:
Coal Clough Academy is an 11 - 16 Alternative Provision for young people, many of whom have found it difficult to be successful in a mainstream school.
We are making exciting and positive changes to our school and are very proud of the provision we offer. At Key Stage 3, the focus is on supporting young people to return to a mainstream school. At Key Stage 4, we focus on providing the opportunity for students to gain 5 GCSEs to ensure a successful transition to college, training or employment.
Pupils are taught in small groups, where they study the core curriculum and can receive the extra support they require. Students are then able to make good progress as staff can ensure that learning is tailored to individual student needs. In addition to the core curriculum, we provide rich and varied curriculum opportunities ranging from vocational courses, academic programmes and programmes that support pupils' personal and social development. You can view our full curriculum at other parts of this website.
Many of the young people who attend Coal Clough Academy arrive here at a difficult period in their lives. We aim to ensure that we give them the necessary support to improve their confidence, self-esteem and enable them to become successful learners in school and prepared for their future working lives.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application. Please contact the School Business Manager – email@example.com
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
This job post has expired.