Outreach Teacher of Science & Maths
23 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
24 April 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - 0.4 FTE, Mon & Tues
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685 pro-rata
- M1 - UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science & Maths to deliver outreach across West Devon. The successful candidate will embody the Trust values; someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
What the school offers its staff
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplaces
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
WORK AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or left behind. We are inclusive, we embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
Further details about the role
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Torlands Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 10 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Torlands Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Torlands Academy is a medical provision academy that provides education for children and young people with complex medical and/or mental health needs which prevent them from attending school. We pride ourselves in providing pupils with access to high quality education, ensuring they are thoroughly prepared for the next stage in their learning journey. Personalisation is the cornerstone of our pedagogy; the curriculum is bespoke and programmes are crafted to meet individual needs which demands a totally flexible and adaptable approach to teaching and learning from all involved. Torlands provides personalised education through a combination of teaching at our centre in Exeter (Merrivale), small group teaching, online learning and 1-1 teaching.
Arranging a visit to Torlands Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Recruitment@waveedu.org.
Similar jobs nearby
St Luke's Church of England School
Harts Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3RD
The Spires College
Westlands Lane, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 3PE
Axe Valley Academy
Chard Street, Axminster, Devon, EX13 5EA
Exmouth Community College
Gipsy Lane, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 3AF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter