Part Time (0.6) Teacher of Computing / ICT
Parrs Wood High School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, well qualified and committed teacher of Computing / ICT.
The successful candidate will be passionate about improving standards for our richly diverse and truly comprehensive student body. They will have the ability to teach Computing / BTEC Digital Information Technology at Key Stages 3 and Key Stage 4 and will have excellent skills of organisation and communication. Applications from NQTs are welcome.
Parrs Wood High School has realised significant year on year improvements in outcomes across three key stages, and we are passionate in our approach to provide a learning environment where students can exceed their academic and social expectations. Our significant improvements have been recognised by Ofsted where we have been recently judged as Good in all areas. We are committed to improving opportunities and life chances for all our students, whether they aspire to Oxbridge Universities, first-class apprenticeship programmes or wish to enter the workplace with training.
Download the job description and an application form from the school website: www.pwhs.co.uk
We look forward to your application to join us on our journey to Outstanding.
Parrs Wood High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of the learning process and the needs of children
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum and of public examination requirements.
• Knowledge of how their specialism relates
to other areas of the curriculum and how it delivers cross-curricular skills.
• Knowledge of what constitutes good teaching.
• To know how pastoral structures support the learning process.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• The ability to take the initiative when needed
• Excellent communication skills
• Good ICT skills
• The ability to plan, organise and deliver lessons which cater for all abilities
• Good organisational skills
• The ability to employ a range of strategies to promote good behaviour.
About Parrs Wood High School
- Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 5PG
- Parrs Wood High School website (opens in a new window)