- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
1 day per week working Wednesdays 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Contract type
- Fixed term (8 Months)
- Grade 3 £19,312 - £19,698
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and well organised person to join the admin team at Seven Hills school. Working 1 day per week on Wednesdays, this appointment is temporary in the first instance until 31 August 2022 to meet the current needs of the school.
The School office is an extremely busy environment where no two days are the same. It is also the first point of contact for visitors; therefore it is important that applicants are friendly and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be enthusiastic, highly motivated with excellent planning, administration and organisational skills to enable you to carry out a wide range of administrative duties. We are looking for someone who is able to use their own initiative, is efficient, flexible in their approach and is able to produce a high standard of work whilst working to tight deadlines.
You will need to work collaboratively within a staff team to provide high quality support to the school and to the Leadership Team and will possess a good knowledge of office procedures and communication / reception skills, can work independently whilst maintaining a team perspective.
• Provide routine clerical / admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms and respond to routine correspondence
• To collect and record appropriate statistics
• Maintain manual and computerised records-management information systems
• Assist with the pupil data base (Sims System)
• Produce lists / information / data as required
• Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
• Sort and distribute mail
• Undertake reception duties and answer routine telephone and face to face enquiries, signing in visitors
• Operate relevant office equipment / ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, school databases, spreadsheets, Internet)
• Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others as appropriate
• Undertake any recognised training as necessary in accordance with a planned programme of development
• Possess a warm and welcoming personality
• Relate well to young people with a range of complex needs
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be able to work within tight deadlines and cope well under pressure
• Be able to work well independently and use their initiative when completing tasks
• Maintain confidentiality
• Be flexible to meet the workload demand
• Have good organisational skills
• Be highly motivated and hard working
• Be committed to providing an excellent administrative service
Applicants should possess excellent I.T. skills and be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications. A knowledge of SIMS would also be helpful although training will beavailable for the successful candidate.
Seven Hills School is a co-educational secondary special school co-located with a Catholic High school near the centre of the city. We cater for pupils from 11 to 19 years of age. The school is maintained by Sheffield Local Authority (LA). We are an inspirational community, which nurtures talents, shares learning and celebrates life. The Seven Hills community is a strong and resourceful one with a central commitment to provide outstanding teaching and learning opportunities for all our students. We pride ourselves on helping to influence and shape future citizens who can contribute to their own well-being and that of others and who can achieve in their own individual goals and aspirations.
For more information about our school visit www.sevenhills.sheffield.sch.uk
Applying for the job
To request an application form please contact the Schools Human Resources Manager Tracy Mycroft on 0114 2743562 or by emailing email@example.com
- School type
- Special school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 183 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Seven Hills School
Seven Hills School is a co-educational secondary special school co-located with a Catholic High School near the centre of the city. We cater for pupils from 11 to 19 years of age. The school is maintained by Sheffield Local Authority (LA).
All pupils have learning difficulties and many have other associated difficulties relating to communication, behaviour, sensory, physical and/or medical disabilities. In common with many other special schools, pupils admitted have increasingly complex needs. A high proportion of pupils are from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Approximately 25% of pupils are from an ethnic minority background.
The mission and purpose of Seven Hills School is to provide high quality inclusive education for young people aged 11 -19 with learning difficulties, physical disabilities and complex and multiple learning needs, in a safe and stimulating environment.
Seven Hills School is an inspirational community, which nurtures talents, shares learning and celebrates life. Students are challenged to achieve their full potential in all areas