Part Time KS2 Class Teacher
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 5pm
18 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - To teach between 3 and 5 mornings per week
- Fixed term - September 2023 to August 2024
What skills and experience we're looking for
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and are passionate
about children’s development in learning, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a high-achieving teacher on a full-time basis to teach some of our absolutely amazing children.
We are a village school with just over 100 children, situated in the beautiful village of Oakley, Buckinghamshire. Our Christian values are at the heart of everything that we do to support our children develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. We also pride ourselves on our excellent results, good pupil behaviour and attitudes. Well-being is a fundamental part of our welcoming school community as we know how vital this is to nurturing life-long learners.
We have a hugely positive, innovative team of staff who are committed to supporting children and developing their skills. All staff are encouraged to develop their leadership through a given subject area and supported to grow and develop in ways that matter to them.
We are at an exciting stage of our development, which includes our ongoing work on curriculum development and assessment (including the specialist teaching of Mandarin to our Year 6 children) and participation in the Global Neighbours scheme. We have held the Primary Science Quality Mark since 2021 and now hold the Primary Science Quality Mark – Gilt. This role provides opportunities to make a big impact on the school (whatever the stage of your career) and on the learning of our wonderful, eager to learn children both inside the classroom and outdoors in our spacious, well equipped, extensive grounds.
Beyond the class teacher responsibilities of planning for, teaching and assessing the children, we encourage our staff to collaborate and reflect on their practice to make our children’s experiences as engaging and challenging as possible.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive team environment and enthusiastic children who are keen to be involved in their learning
- A positive and thriving school environment which is open to ideas and seeks opportunities for its children
- The opportunity to contribute to designing a rich, inspiring and challenging curriculum for all children
- A dedicated, supportive staff committed to improving standards
- A commitment to CPD, enabling you to grow as a professional and help shape the future of our school
- Supportive staff, parents and governors
- Excellent outdoor learning provision
Further details about the role
In June 2019, Ofsted judged the school to be GOOD commenting:
- Parents rate the school very highly, particularly giving prominence to the high standards of care the school has for its pupils.
- Pupils feel proud to be part of the school and their community.
- Pupils behave well in lessons, work hard and do their best.
In October 2019, SIAMs judged the school to be GOOD commenting:
- There is a strong sense of team amongst staff
- Pupils articulate the differences the values and vision are making in their daily lives, helping them to treat others as they would like to be treated.
Please visit our website for more information.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 2.68 MB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Oakley Church of England Combined School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 99 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01844 238364
Arranging a visit to Oakley Church of England Combined School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Key Stage 2 Teacher - The Hill Primary School
The Hill Primary School
Peppard Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG4 8TU
Teacher - St John's CE Primary School
St John's Church of England Primary School
121-147 Orts Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3JN
Chilton County Primary School
Downside, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0PQ
Key Stage 2 Teacher - Thameside Primary School
Thameside Primary School
Harley Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG4 8DB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes