Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
Our small, rural school is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join us by covering a maternity leave from September 21.
Wilbarston CE Primary School is a vibrant and happy place to work with skilled colleagues and children who are a credit to us and their families. We are keen to appoint someone who wants to make a difference to our small school. Although we are a small school of 4 classes, we are part of a MAT and are able to offer both training and career development across the other Trust schools.
We can offer you:
• Partnership working with a great team of staff and skilled governors in a caring Christian environment
• Opportunities to learn, be creative and develop in your role
• Fantastic children who are fun to work with and keen to learn
• A sense of family and community in our small school
• A dedicated classroom (recently decorated), enclosed large outdoor playground, school garden and part time TA support.
• A “can do” positive ethos which allows children to build happy memories of their time at our school and fulfil their potential
• A role in the future development and shaping of the future in our fabulous school
• An OFSTED “Good” school
• An induction package and opportunities for support from our Multi Academy Trust partner Pathfinder Schools in addition to our school
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• Teaching skills which bring out the best in all children through fun and excitement about learning
• High expectations of learning outcomes and behaviour
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of learning and progress in the Key Stage 1 & 2
• A creative outlook to teaching.
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Good communication skills and understands the community aspect of a small school
• Someone who goes “the extra mile” and enjoys being part of a great team
• A willingness to support the Christian ethos of a Church of England School by being the best role model for pupils and working as part of our whole school team
Being part of Pathfinder Schools offers a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, as a Trust we actively encourage collaboration and the sharing of good practice; we believe that by developing a love of learning and having the highest expectations, all members of the Pathfinder Schools community can achieve and inspire greatness.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Interviews may begin soon after receipt of applications for shortlisted candidates, therefore we recommend that you apply early.
Pathfinder Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are mandatory for all posts within Pathfinder Schools.
Pathfinder Schools is passionate about its values of collaboration, humanity and independence, we believe that when people feel respected and included they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our colleagues, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, ethnicity, age, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to moving our Trust and the education sector forward.
Applying for the job
To apply please submit an application form and covering letter outlining your suitability for the post. Application forms can be downloaded from the Pathfinder Schools vacancies page https://pathfinderschools.org.uk/join-us/vacancies . Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.