Main/Upper (depending on experience)
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS CO-ORDINATOR
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Lower Upper Pay Scale
Required from September 2021
Part time (0.7/8)
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspirational SENCO with outstanding practice to join our team.
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching and SEND practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and all our staff share this vital commitment.
As a large 2-form entry school, with an ASD Base, there are many opportunities for professional development and to develop a wide range of experience. New members of our team will take part in a comprehensive induction programme to enable them to understand the school’s ethos, policies and procedures. We welcome applications from SENCO’s on the MPS and the lower end of the Upper Pay scale.
We are looking for a SENCO who:
• is highly organised, energetic and passionate about making the school a centre of excellence;
• is an outstanding teacher with a proven track record in enhancing SEND provision;
• has experience of working as SENCO;
• has the ability to lead, manage and motivate the whole school community;
• will contribute to leadership team meetings
• will share our whole school values and support our vision for inclusive practice;
• has energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and a warm personality;
• possesses excellent organisational and ICT skills;
• is a dedicated professional who is committed to building on existing partnership between parents, governors, other schools and the wider community;
• will continue to build on the work we have done to gain Flagship status with the IQM Board
• has the NASENCo qualification
In return we will offer the successful applicant:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
• The opportunity to work within a Flagship school for inclusion (IQM)
Closing Date: Monday 14th June at Midday
How to apply:
Please complete the application form and return to the Jan Dixon, Office Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are welcome. Please call 020 8788 8901 to make an appointment.
Wandsworth Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Applying for the job
please contact Jan Dixon - Office Manager email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.