Part time Teacher
5 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
7 June 2023 at 9am
11 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 2 days per week
- Fixed term - 1 year
- M1 to M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified teacher status
- Understanding of the EYFS curriculum and the National Curriculum, and an awareness of new curriculum developments.
- Ability to reflect on own practice and improve.
- Consistently good or better practitioner.
- A strong commitment to inclusion.
- Ability to create a stimulating learning environment.
- High expectations of attainment and achievement.
- Ability to promote the learning of more-able children.
- Ability to form positive relationships with children and adults.
- Ability to work in partnership to ensure positive learning outcomes.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate children to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Energy to achieve highly.
- A reflective and resilient practitioner.
- Positive classroom management style.
- A can-do approach, as befits a small school where everybody needs to muck in.
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of a church school.
What the school offers its staff
We are delighted to be able to offer a part-time teaching post at our school. Although it is initially for one year, due to budget uncertainty, there is scope for it to continue in the future.
Dr South’s is a four-class village school, located at the heart of the community. There are excellent links with parents and the wider community, and, thanks to local support, other primary schools can only dream of the facilities we have. As well as the purpose-built Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building, where there are dedicated cookery lessons each day and a designated art area, we have access to The Jacobs’ Field for Forest School and outdoor learning for all children. We also have a thriving orchestra, and are currently the county hockey champions.
The teaching would initially be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and would involve work in all the classes. As we have a pro-active positive approach to well-being, two of our teachers work for four days each week, and the work would largely be to cover their days off. There would, however, be a chance to work across the other two classes to get to know all the children, as this is one of the joys of a small school. We would particularly welcome teachers with a passion for art, as our art specialist has recently left.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 914 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Dr South's Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 103 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Dr South’s is a successful, rural primary school where all children are enabled to flourish academically, socially and in the wider curriculum.
Arranging a visit to Dr South's Church of England Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Chilton County Primary School
Downside, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0PQ
Queen Emma's Primary School
Burwell Drive, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 5JW
Elms Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 9JZ
Music Teacher for PPA Cover - Tues/Thurs PM
Bladon Church of England Primary School
Park Street, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1RW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oxfordshire