Part Time Teacher of English
The Billericay School, Billericay, Essex
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£24,859 to £40,520 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Job Title Part Time Teacher of English
Hours Full time
Date Required As soon as reasonably possible
Interview Date Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received
Reporting To Head of English
About the School
The Billericay School is a heavily oversubscribed comprehensive in Essex with a specialism in Mathematics and Computing. The school has polite and engaged students who want to learn and benefits from good parental support.
With direct links to the ‘Outstanding’ Billericay Educational Consortium, The Billericay School is renowned for the high standards of CPD it delivers as well as the collaborative and supportive ethos it promotes amongst staff.
For a successful NQT, an Early Start scheme from 2 July, which includes payments across the summer holidays and a well-established induction package, will be available.
Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
When applying for this position, please use The Billericay School application form, which can be found on our school website under Vacancies. Potential candidates are encouraged to get in touch with any questions they might have or to arrange a visit to the school.
We seek a committed and enthusiastic teacher of English to join an excellently resourced English department. Teaching to A level is available.
· To participate in the development of appropriate syllabuses, materials and schemes of work.
· To be Form Tutor of an assigned form and to carry out related duties in accordance with the general job description of Form Tutor.
· To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters.
· To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents relative to the above duties.
· The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the statement of Conditions of Employment.
· This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed. In allocating time to the performance of duties and responsibilities, the post-holder must use Directed Time in accordance with the school's published Time Policy.
· This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once each year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post
Essential educational requirements
see the application pack
see the application pack
Essential skills and experience
see the application packMore on how to apply
|School size||1652 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Billericay School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Billericay School
School Road, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9LH