Part Time Teacher of History
We are a successful selective Academy Trust school and are seeking to appoint an inspirational part time teacher of history to join our innovative department. This role will be between 0.6 and 0.7 of a full timetable and is a fixed term appointment until August 2020.
We are looking for a teacher with an enthusiasm for history and the ability to contribute to our PSHE programme. It is suited to new entrants to the profession as well as more experienced teachers and history professionals.
We have an excellent reputation for success and we offer:
• Intelligent highly motivated students
• An opportunity to innovate and develop boy’s intellects
• Opportunity to work in a supportive, friendly and forward thinking environment
• A school close to the Jurassic Coast and the New Forest
• An extensive range of extracurricular activities for you to get involved with
Application forms are available from https://www.poolegrammar.com/work-with-us/ Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the school.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Head of Department, Mr Powell for further information 01202 692132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Poole Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application. Poole Grammar School also promotes equal opportunities for its workforce.
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in an appropriate History related discipline
Qualified teacher status is preferred but would consider a well qualified history professional with education experience.
Essential skills and experience
• An ability to lead and inspire pupils of all abilities
• Ability to establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships amongst staff and students
• An ability to motivate and encourage participation in History both inside and outside the classroom
• Proven communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team but also to be able to work independently
• ICT competence
About Poole Grammar School
- Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset, BH17 9JU
- Poole Grammar School website (opens in a new window)