Part Time Teacher of History
A great opportunity to work in a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers who have secured the Academy’s outstanding OFSTED status, exceptional examination success and a thriving sixth form.
The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to offer their ideas to create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students. The History Department is a thriving part of the Wren community and offers History to A level. The curriculum is innovative and focused on developing students’ lifelong love of History, as well as achieving outstanding examination success.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
- outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
- a strong History background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE essential and Sociology and History to A Level desirable
- evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
- the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
- the ability to provide strong pastoral care and support the wellbeing of students
- a willingness to support the Christian ethos
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification
Candidates should have QTS status
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach History to GCSE essential
Ability to teach History and Sociology to A level desirable
- Wren allowance
- Termly lunch allowance
- Weekly CPD
About Wren Academy
Wren Academy is located in the London Borough of Barnet. It is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure, which places us in the top 100 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with a thriving sixth form and a primary phase which opened in September 2015. The engaging curriculum and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. Wren is a MAT and plans are well advanced to create a new school in a neighbouring borough which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Hilton Avenue, London, N12 9HB
- All Through
- Wren Academy website (opens in a new window)