- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Part time
0.4 or 0.6 contract, 2 or 3 days per week, to include Tuesday and Wednesday
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- MPR or UPR
- Actual salary
- Dependent on experience
We are seeking a dynamic, hardworking, flexible team player with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our busy school. Applicants for the role must have energy, enthusiasm and pride in a meticulous approach to work.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
• To supervise work that has been set for pupils whose teacher is absent from the classroom.
• To keep accurate attendance records of students in supervised lessons.
• To liaise with the appropriate staff, such as heads of department, with regard to the work that has been set so that requirements are fully understood.
• To clearly communicate the work set by the class teacher to the pupils and to follow all instructions as directed by the class teacher.
• To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work and ensure a positive learning environment within the classroom.
• To respond to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures and help students with the organisation of the work set and the materials and resources provided.
• To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures. To collect any completed work and resources after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher. To report back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the lesson and any issues arising.
• To provide support to students, including those with special educational needs, under the direction of the relevant member of staff.
• To leave the classroom in good order and secure at the end of the lesson.
• To assist in the administration and supervision of tests and examinations including invigilation.
• To assist in the supervision of pupils on trips/visits.
• To attend staff training/meetings as appropriate.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 853 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Saint Claudine's Catholic School for Girls
St Claudine’s Catholic School for Girls is a highly-successful Catholic girls’ comprehensive school (ages 11-19), where behaviour is outstanding and students are educated via a rich and diverse, holistic curriculum to become confident, articulate and independent young women.
Learning at St Claudine’s is rooted in the Gospel values in a warm, supportive and nurturing community. Even though we are a Catholic School, it is not a requirement to be Catholic and our international community welcomes staff and students of all faiths and none.