Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
0.5 FTE, MPS/UPS plus fringe
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-resourced and successful faculty, in a school that sees the value of the Arts for all young people.
Our vision is based around developing world class students who have the belief in themselves that anything is possible. Music plays a part in all our lives and we are looking for someone with the talent, expertise and enthusiasm to use the magic of music to bring out the very best in our students. We have strong uptake at key stage 4 and 5 and pride ourselves on the quality of teaching and learning opportunities we give our students both inside and outside the formal taught curriculum.
The Misbourne is an aspirational and friendly place to work where every student and member of staff is a valued member of our community. Whether you are starting out in your career or looking for your next challenge, our Performing Arts faculty produces excellent results and provides a wide variety of performance opportunities throughout the year. With strong and consistent leadership, you can be assured of a genuine commitment to supporting your day-to-day practice and long-term professional development. This is an exciting opportunity for the right colleague to join us and make a valuable contribution to the life of the whole school. We are an 11-18 school in the picturesque village of Great Missenden in the heart of the Chilterns. We have just over 1000 students on roll including a successful and growing Sixth Form.
We can offer you:
· Well resourced, modern facilities with large dedicated classrooms and practice rooms.
· Students who are a pleasure to teach.
· An experienced, friendly and collaborative team.
· The opportunity to teach this popular subject from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5
· A supportive approach to workload that removes onerous marking requirements and prioritises whole class feedback.
· An evidence informed approach to school improvement, only implementing what we feel will make the biggest difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people, mindful of staff workload and well-being.
· A genuine commitment to support your career development through a CPDL programme, described by Ofsted as ‘exemplary’, and more INSET days than average.
· Your own laptop in addition to a desktop PC in your classroom and the use of tablets for student work
This post would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher. We are looking for a Teacher of Music and if they had the ability to teach some Drama this would be advantageous. There may also be flexibility around the proposed working hours so please do enquire if you are interested in this post.
If this role interests you, please visit the ‘Joining Us’ area on our website: www.themisbourne.co.uk or contact our HR & Compliance Officer, Natalie Green at HR@themisbourne.co.uk for further information and an application form. Letters of application should be addressed to the Headteacher, on no more than two side of A4 equivalent, no smaller than font size 11.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 5 July 2021 and interviews will take place later that week, although we reserve the right to interview candidates beforehand so please apply early. Please email your completed application to: HR@themisbourne.co.uk
The Misbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references, DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure and medical clearance.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.