Part Time Teacher of Physical Education 0.5 MPS
The Grey Coat Hospital, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
• to implement the school's agreed policies
• to maintain effective discipline through implementation of the school's agreed procedures
• to carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters
• to plan and prepare lessons
• to teach, according to their educational needs, the students assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work
• to assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students, including records on student attendance at lessons together with class and homework set and undertaken
• to carry out the role of form tutor as required
• to participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes above
- JD Teacher of PE PT July 2020.pdf  0.09 MB
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1075 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Grey Coat Hospital website (opens in a new window)|
About The Grey Coat Hospital
The Grey Coat Hospital is seeking to recruit an outstanding teacher into a very successful and high performing department.
The Grey Coat Hospital, founded in 1698, is a Church of England comprehensive school for girls aged eleven to eighteen with a mixed Sixth Form. The historic foundation of the school and its current ethos are rooted in a confident and generous Christian faith and practice, which welcomes students and staff of all backgrounds and beliefs. The school is situated in the heart of central London close to excellent transport links.
The Grey Coat Hospital is a heavily oversubscribed school with excellent GCSE and A Level results and a superb curricular and co-curricular provision. The school has been consistently recognised by the Department for Education and SSAT for being in the top 5% of non-selective state-funded schools nationally for excellent attainment and achievement at Key Stage 4, and also for the attainment and achievement of its disadvantaged students. In the summer of 2019, 91% of our students attained grades 9-4 in English and Mathematics, whilst 46% of all grades attained at KS4 were 7-9; 75% of our students gained the English Baccalaureate at grade 4+. The school’s progress 8 score in 2019 was +0.76. The school boasts a large sixth form where students consistently achieve outstanding results with a percentage of top grades well above the national average. In the summer of 2019, 63.8% of grades were at A*-B, with 35.7% of grades at A*-A. Nearly 40% secured places at Russell Group Universities, including seven Oxbridge places.
The Grey Coat Hospital, when last inspected, was judged to be ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED in March 2009. In 2020 the School achieved ‘excellent’ in the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools. We are proud of our ethos of continued self-improvement, which characterises every aspect of our culturally diverse school. The school is committed to building on our passion for excellent teaching and learning as well as continuing to place an emphasis on our language specialism and international ethos.
Greycoat Place, London, SW1P 2DY