Part-time Teacher of Psychology (or full-time if second subject offered)
We are an outstanding mixed grammar school with a strong commitment to excellence. We have an exciting opportunity for an excellent teacher to join our Psychology department.
We can offer you:
● a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
● a strong commitment to your own professional development
● opportunities for A level teaching
We would like you:
● to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
● to have high expectations of yourself, your staff and our students
● to be/become an effective leader with a passion for improving the delivery of your subject’s curriculum
● to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
● be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum
We have no age or experience profile in mind.
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School operates rigorous ‘safer recruitment’ practices,and the successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate subject area
DfE recognised teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
Excellent subject knowledge.
Evidence of continuing professional development.
Knowledge and ability in the use of ICT in teaching to enhance learning of students.
Up-to-date with current developments in teaching.
• Access to new strength and conditioning suite
• Staff fitness classes
• Dining facilities at our newly refurbished, contemporary on site restaurant
• Free membership of the Perkbox reward scheme
• Cluster for delivery of NPQML and NPQSL qualifications
• Members of a Teaching and Learning hub through Challenge Partners
• Free on site parking
• Discount airport parking
About Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
- Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8PE
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School website (opens in a new window)