Part-time temporary Year 6 teacher for cohort of 12 pupils
Are you a passionate, inspirational and highly-skilled teacher? Do you set high expectations and have the ability to enthuse all children to achieve their best? If the answer is yes, then come and join the team at Holy Cross!
We are looking for an experienced and determined Year 6 teacher to work part-time (mornings) at Holy Cross CE Primary School with our Year 6 group of 12 pupils. The group will also be supported by an experienced Teaching Assistant. The teacher will be required to plan, assess and deliver teaching and learning in maths and all aspects of English to this small cohort of pupils. PPA time will be allocated to support this.
We would like to appoint a teacher with a proven track record of accelerating pupil progress; enabling pupils to achieve the expected Year 6 standard in the Key Stage 2 SATs in May 2020.
The successful applicant will:
* Create a culture of respect and trust that supports pupils to succeed;
* Build on pupils' prior knowledge, by linking what pupils already know to what is being taught;
* Have an expert knowledge of the Year 6 curriculum in Maths and English and be well informed of what pupils of this age group need to achieve in order to meet the expected standard;
* Have the ability to adapt lessons, whilst maintaining high expectations for all, so that all pupils have the opportunity to meet expectations;
* Give specific and helpful feedback to pupils to support them in improving their learning;
* Be inclusive in their approach and uphold the school's Christian values and ethos;
* Make effective use of the teaching assistant to promote effective learning.
If you would like to visit the school and meet the Year 6 pupils, please phone the school office on 01825 762336.
Essential educational requirements
Good GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths
Essential skills and experience
Must be an experienced Year 6 teacher with a proven track record of accelerating pupil progress, enabling pupils to achieve the Year 6 expected standard.
We will offer:
• Happy, well-behaved children with positive attitudes to learning and school;
• A hard-working and friendly staff team with a shared desire to be the best they can be;
• A strong sense of community and close links with the church;
• A supportive Governing Body;
• An opportunity to be part of our school that wants every child to achieve their dreams.
Information about the school
Holy Cross was judged Good by Ofsted in 2017. There are currently 84 pupils on roll. It has the feel of a village school, but in a town environment with all the facilities that this offers.
At Holy Cross we place great importance on each child being happy at school. Parents, staff and governors form a community working together to support and encourage children in their learning journey, and we are committed to providing the best possible curriculum experiences to make learning meaningful and fun.
The school provides spacious and bright accommodation set in beautiful grounds in the heart of Uckfield town centre. We have a wide range of cultural and sports activities which support children's understanding of creativity, the wider world, and healthy enjoyment of leisure time. Our sports teams do well in local tournaments, and the school is involved in many community activities.
Our Christian ethos is based on the Gospel values. We provide a warm, friendly, supportive atmosphere where we all work together to ensure every child achieves their full potential. We always look for staff who will bring their passion for learning and humour to join our dynamic and extremely hard-working team.
About Holy Cross Church of England Primary School
- Belmont Road, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1BP
- LA Maintained School
- Holy Cross Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)