Turing House School, Twickenham, TW2 6LH
This job expired on 21 February 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
21 February 2022 at 12:00pm
27 January 2022
About Turing House School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 665 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Turing House School website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 020 80696100
Turing House School is an inspirational growing 11-19 secondary school. This September we welcomed our second cohort into our sixth form and we now have years 7 to 13. Our first six years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site, with state of the art facilities, is in Whitton and is currently under construction due to complete on February 2022. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton. The School is developing strong STEM and Music specialisms and particularly welcomes applicants whose experience supports the further development of these distinctive aspects of school life.
You will join us at an exciting time with the first academic year we have all year groups and we relocate in to our permanent site in April 2022, providing a rare opportunity for you to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
Why work for Turing House School:
• Friendly and enthusiastic colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• Please see our website or this link for our virtual open evening/morning events: https://www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/virtual-open-events-2020.php
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open-door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
• Smaller classes of 25 students.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
• Staff benefits include a free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
• In April 2022 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities. Please click here to view our exciting plans: https://anewhomeforturinghouse.co.uk/
• Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as free delicious meals from our catering company on days where you carry out break or lunch duties.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school; it is very much appreciated”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
Arranging a visit to Turing House School
Please phone the school to arrange a visit and meet the team.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed