This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
1 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week, 08:00 to 16:00, term time only
- NJC 6 to 9, actual pro rata salary £21,401 to £22,840
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you a hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about supporting the progress, outcomes and well-being of students? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Pastoral Assistant to join our energetic team 17th April 2023. This is a crucial role in providing assistance to the pastoral team and the students by supporting students to access their learning and fulfill their potential. This position is suited to candidates with an interest in helping children to succeed and a willingness to learn. Training will be provided. The working hours for this role are open to negotiation.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about supporting and delivering learning to enable students to progress, become independent learners and make at least expected progress.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a school environment or a similar role
- GCSE or equivalent passes in English and Mathematics
What the school offers its staff
- In April 2022, we are moved into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
- All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open-door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy teachers make a happy school.
- Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
- Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as free delicious meals from our catering company on days where you carry out break or lunch duties.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Turing House School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 729 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Turing House School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Turing House School is an inspirational growing 11-19 secondary school. This September we welcomed our third cohort into our sixth form. Our first seven years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed for every intake. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged us as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. In April 2022, we moved into our newly built permanent site in Whitton site with state-of-the-art facilities. To continue to develop the vision for Turing House School, we need the very best staff who are able to embed our ethos into their teaching and wider school life. We have already created a wonderful environment for young people to learn and mature in and we continue to develop this as we settle into our permanent site. Our aim is that all our students can be equipped to progress to the jobs, training and higher education most suited to their talents and abilities, irrespective of their social or economic circumstances and ultimately have high aspirations for themselves and their future. You will join us at an exciting time with the first full academic year on our permanent site, providing a rare opportunity for inspirational teachers and support staff to make a mark on the school and develop their careers with us.
Arranging a visit to Turing House School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Speech & Language Therapist - Full Time
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Speech & Language Therapist - Fixed Term
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Dame Alice Owen's School
Dugdale Hill Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 2DU
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
81 Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5SL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed