Orchard Academy is looking for a Pastoral Lead to join our team. The role would include, being a DSL/DDSL and deal with Safeguarding concerns, supporting our children and families within school, overseeing EHAs and external and internal meetings, attendance and the nurture and wellbeing provision for our children.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision and ethos to join our amazing team. The successful candidate should be:
· An effective communicator with all stakeholders
· An advocate for our children and families
· Able to plan time effectively and priorities
Orchard is a three-form entry junior school on the Springfield Estate in Milton Keynes with capacity for 360 children across KS2, with a twenty-pupil place social communication department for pupils at both Orchard and Shepherdswell.
At Orchard Academy we truly believe that the children are at the centre of all we do. We have a strong inclusive ethos, making our school a place where we all belong. Our children are eager to learn, and we promote positive learning behaviours, so all succeed. Our dedicated staff encourage all our children to learn and grow, by providing a rich, relevant and ambitious curriculum through high quality teaching and learning.
We are part of East Midlands Academy Trust and are one of their family of schools. We work closely together and by working with our Trust, you’ll be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
· Continuous professional development and training opportunities
· Dedicated support from our school improvement team
· Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
· A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
· A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare vouchers scheme
· A corporate eye care plan
· Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
If you have any questions regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281.
If you would like to visit the school please contact the school office email@example.com or call 01908 665418
EMAT has the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
This job post has expired.