Unsworth Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed, co-educational and non- selective Bury high school.
The school is on an incredibly exciting journey of school improvement and when lasted inspected in
November 2019 was judged to be Good in all areas. We are now currently halfway through year one
of our three year “Good to Great” journey.
The Academy Principal, Senior Leadership Team,
Academy Councillors and staff are unreservedly committed to securing outstanding in all areas of
school life and the best possible outcomes and life chances for all our learners.
We are seeking an
exceptional candidate to join our fantastic team and make a significant contribution to ensure our
offer to all our young people is world class. We are seeking someone with drive, resilience, and
determination; a creative thinker and a lifelong learner. If this ambition appeals to you, we would be
delighted to receive your application.
Unsworth Academy is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust. The Trust is led by an Executive
Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. They are committed to
the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful
performance of all its academies.
We are seeking to appoint highly motivated Pastoral Leader to join our team.
candidates will be:
• Fully aware of the importance of good and outstanding school attendance and punctuality
on improving life chances and outcomes for learners
• Committed to significantly improving whole school attendance including the attendance of
key identified vulnerable groups
• Professional, creative, flexible and innovative with the drive and determination to
successfully contribute to whole school improvement
• A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with learners and colleagues
• An individual who communicates clear expectations, leads by example and promotes at all
times positive behaviour for learning
• Willing to fully support and at all times uphold the policies and positive ethos of the school
• Willing to participate in personal continued professional development.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to
30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays FTE) (Support Staff)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute
and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Unsworth Academy is dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of learners; all staff must share
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening
including Enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy