- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, term time
37 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
The postholder will support the Head of Year in establishing high standards of achievement, behaviour and attendance by:
1. monitoring students’ academic progress and developing appropriate intervention strategies where necessary.
2. monitoring student attendance, implementing interventions and liaising with the Education Welfare Officer as appropriate.
3. acting in a key worker role to address the needs of students who require help to overcome their barriers to achievement, both inside and outside of school, through activities and strategies enabling them to reach their full potential.
4. liaising both internally and externally with agencies and individuals to support students’ progress.
5. organising, liaising and supporting students on external educational activities both short and long-term.
6. supporting colleagues by dealing with student problems as they arise, including counselling and supervising of student(s) and communicating any action to the relevant staff, and/or parents/carers.
7. maintaining regular contact with the families/carers of students in need of extra support, keeping them informed of the student’s progress and needs, to achieve their positive, active involvement in the progress of the student.
8. ensuring that the College Behaviour Policy is adhered to in relation to individuals and groups of students.
Applying for the job
If you wish to apply, please fill in the application form and attach a letter of application and return to email@example.com by Monday 1st October 2021 – 12 pm. More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 981 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About New College Leicester
At New College we.......try hard, work together, we dream big, strive, overcome, achieve, we try new things, enjoy, we create, aspire, we help each other, take risks, believe, we are ready to learn. At New College we......will be the best that we can be.
Do you want to transform the lives of young people?
Have you got what it takes to make a real difference?
If this is going to be the best school in England, what are you going to do to help us get there?
New College Leicester is a thriving, vibrant, learning community where our aim is to bring the best out of everyone by ensuring Outstanding Progress for All. It is a college with the ambition and plans to be even better. We are a college of almost 900 students, aged 11-18 years, situated on the west of Leicester city. Transport links to the college are good with both the M69 and M1 within 10 minutes’ drive.
New College Leicester is a genuinely comprehensive school, although the intake profile is changing – the prior attainment of students coming into the college is rising. However, by any indicator, New College Leicester is a college in challenging circumstances (DfE definition). Examination and test results, attendance figures, and levels of social deprivation and special educational need confirm this. Over 60% of our students are eligible for free school meals. A large percentage of our children are from wards which constitute the 10% most deprived wards in the country.
However, there is a belief amongst our parents and the community that New College Leicester is a continuously improving college. We continue to close the gap on all national achievement outcomes.
This has been, and will continue to be, achieved by developing a strong sense of purpose and working very hard with our Primary partners and the local community. We are also dedicated to the concept of adding value and the development of active citizens, both of which underpin our aims and values. Our values are described as the 4 R’s – Respect; Responsibility; Resilience and Resourcefulness – each one of these permeates our work daily.
Our fundamental belief is that every student at the College has ability: it is our mission and duty to nurture, develop and bring these talents to fruition.
There is a genuine ‘buzz’ around the college and we have a growing reputation locally.
Students at New College Leicester deserve the very best teachers that the profession can offer. If you join us, your sense of achievement and well-being will not be equalled. It is what most of us came into teaching for - to make a difference.
If you have any doubts about applying to the college then I recommend that you come and see for yourself before you make any snap judgement – we guarantee that you will be amazed – everyone who visits is!
Arranging a visit to New College Leicester
Contact 01162318500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org