Pastoral Support Assistant
Wadebridge School, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6BU
5 days remaining to apply
22 May 2022 at 11:59pm
6 May 2022
About Wadebridge School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1064 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Wadebridge School website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 01208 812881
At Wadebridge we try to balance an unwavering focus on progress and achievement for all, with working tirelessly to support our young people in every aspect of their lives; standing alongside them to build the skills and strategies needed in order to remove barriers to their learning and/or social and emotional development. As a school we are committed to promoting the health and wellbeing of everyone in our school community and this starts with our staff: health and wellbeing is the number one priority on all our school improvement and professional growth plans. In 2020 our work in this area was recognised by Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools when we were achieved a Gold Award (the full report can be accessed here).
Some of the strategies we have implemented include:-
• Over 110 colleagues at all levels have completed a two-day training programme with MHFA England to be certificated as Mental Health First Aiders
• We have an extensive and highly effective student support team
• A dedicated team of Health Champions focussing on strategies to promote positive staff wellbeing
• Fully paid wellbeing time built into the school calendar each half term
• The highest levels of resilience, self-awareness and emotional intelligence enabling child centred support.
• To secure commitment to the team vision and ethos through personal impact, presence and the ability to work as part of that team.
• Set standards and provide a role model for students and staff through challenge and support.
• To engage all stakeholders and the wider community in providing support for the provision of excellence.
• A full understanding of Every Child Matters and its impact on all aspects of a child's development and future success.
In our most recent Ofsted reports Wadebridge School was described as a caring school where every individual matters and is valued and this is strongly demonstrated in all aspects of the school's work. The school encourages students to become mature and responsible. This is seen in the excellent rapport and respect between staff.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall