Pastoral Support Manager
Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Paul’s Catholic School, Evington, Leicester
Grade: Band 4 Points 11- 17 £22,129 to £24,920 per annum full time equivalent – actual salary £19,001 - £21,397
Contract Type: Term time + 1 week (39 weeks) 37 Hours (Monday to Friday to 8.00am to 4pm with one 3.30 finish)
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 0900 am 10th October 2022
St Paul’s is seeking to appoint a Pastoral Support Manager from October 2022. The successful candidate will enjoy the support and collaboration of a very supportive well established team.
St Paul’s is a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic School, with 1140 students from a variety of backgrounds and faiths. It was judged good at its last inspection with Sixth form being outstanding. St Paul’s is ambitious for its students and staff and the school has continued to improve in all areas since the 2018 inspection. Ofsted described the school as “inclusive and caring” and students as “polite, caring and helpful.”
- To manage and effectively run the pastoral support in school;
- To lead and manage the student support systems in school;
- Provide mentoring support to targeted students;
- To administer the school’s behaviour systems, adhering to school policy & procedure;
- To manage the Zacchaeus Room, creating the rota and laying out expectations ensuring it remains a place of learning with excellent behaviour at all times;
- To work on a strategy to ensure repeat offenders in isolation and on-call are limited in number;
- To ensure records are appropriately accurate, detailed and confidential;
- To implement and promote the school policies;
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a warm inclusive community
- A respectful and ethical working environment with a supportive culture
- A belief and commitment to work life balance for all staff
- Membership of the Medicash health care scheme
- Employer pension contributions of over 20%
- Nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay
- Access to our Electric Car Scheme
To apply for this post please complete the application via the Trust Vacancies pagehttps://www.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/by the closing date of 9:00am 10 October 2022.Interview date to be confirmed.
The interview process will include opportunities to see the school, but should you wish to visit prior to application please contact Helen Oliver, PA to the Principalholiver@st-pauls.leicester.sch.uk
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
Whilst every effort has been made to outline the key duties and responsibilities of the role, it is not an exhaustive list. The duties and responsibilities of the role may vary from time to time, commensurate with and without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed, and would not in itself justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.