Pastoral Support Manager
26 days remaining to apply
Start date details
23 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time, 37 hours per week Mon to Thurs 08:00 – 16:00 Fri 08:00 – 15:30 Term Time
Full-time equivalent salary
- £29,439 - £33,820 pro rata
- NJC22 - 27
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic Pastoral Support Manager who embodies the Trust’s values; people who have diverse experiences, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with pupils who have a range of social, emotional and mental health needs.
As a member of the senior management team of the Trust, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with a variety of agencies which together with Wave Multi Academy Trust will provide help and support for young people. Stansfield Academy takes a ‘whole family’ approach, focusing on the strengths and difficulties of the whole family and supporting parents recognition that their children’s cognitive development is important, as is instilling of values, aspirations and support for the development of wider interpersonal and social skills. This unique position will provide the opportunity to play a key role in the effective safeguarding of children and young people. This is a hands-on role which provides both challenge and support and requires ability to travel widely at unsociable hours.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
To apply please use our application form available on our website Vacancies - Wave MAT and submit this along with the equal opportunities form here. We may close this vacancy early as we review applications as they are received, to ensure you are considered for this role please do not wait for the deadline to submit your application.
For any general questions contact us here or email us at email@example.com
What the school offers its staff
Work for Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplace
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stansfield Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 16
- School size
- 37 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Stansfield Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Stansfield Academy is an Alternative Provision Academy providing full time education for children from 4-16 years of age. We cover Central Devon including Exeter, East Devon and Mid Devon and work closely with Devon County Council to ensure a swift transition both into and out of the Academy to minimise the impact of any transition on the learning of those young people.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay