- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (until August 2022)
- £17,850 - £19,890
The post-holder reports to the Pastoral Manager or relevant member(s) of the Senior Leadership Team. Apart from team members, the main contacts of the job are: pupils and their parents/carers; headteachers and the staff of school; representatives from a wide range of commissioners; services and agencies from within and outside the locality.
Main purpose of the post:
• To work as a member of the Pastoral Support Team to ensure that referrals are processed in a timely fashion and that all pupil placements are effectively tracked, monitored and supported.
• To work as a member of the Staff Team and contribute to the achievement of the school
• To contribute to the delivery of high quality education provision to young people supported by the school
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To respond to all queries from a wide range of people in an efficient and courteous manner
2. To provide information and support to young people and their parents/carers, enabling them to fully access all available services
3. To provide accurate and timely information, advice and guidance to students and their families to ensure appropriate levels of achievement and progression pathways
4. To signpost service users to relevant services or pass the content of enquires to appropriate colleagues where necessary
5. To build and maintain strong professional relationships with a range of partners.
6. To attend and, when required, to convene multi-agency meetings as necessary.
7. To liaise with partners and providers to develop appropriate personalised education programmes for individuals with complex needs.
8. To support student transitions between provisions/schools
9. To report, verbally and/or in writing as required to the Pastoral Manager and SLT
10. As a member of the Pastoral Team to develop and maintain effective office and project systems in a busy environment
11. To use initiative and good time-management skills to organise own workload under the supervision of the Pastoral Manager.
12. To ensure accuracy and confidentiality of information produced within and used by the service
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.