Start date: ASAP - 36.25 Hours a week, 8.15am to 4.00pm Monday - Friday - Term time only, plus 5 inset days
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pastoral Support Worker with previous experience of working with families and children with special needs to join our team at Katesgrove Primary School.
The successful candidate will establish and foster good relationships with pupils and parents/ carers within the school, be pro-active in identifying needs in order to support children and families. Develop and run effective small focused pupil groups to support varying pupil needs including social skills development.
Katesgrove and Southcote are both Schools Direct Training Schools and are very supportive of staff wishing to develop future teaching careers through this programme
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident to work with children with varying social and emotional needs
- Have the ability to work with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy and will provide support to enable effective parenting
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English
- Have a passion about supporting the teaching and learning of young people
- Have the ability to work creatively and sensitively with children to ensure all children secure the highest possible levels of progress and achievement
- Be able to relate and communicate well with children and adults
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an excellent and supportive team
- Support to achieve accreditations and professional qualifications
- A high level of professional development
- A friendly and welcoming environment
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Application packs can be downloaded from the website - https://www.katesgroveprimaryschool.co.uk
Applications considered on receipt.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
The Kennet Federation aspires to be an actively anti-racist organisation. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural diversity and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage candidates who share our ambition to apply, and we welcome applications from those with protected characteristics.
Our schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.