Pastoral Year Leader
6 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
27 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 36.66 hours per week, term time plus 3 weeks
- Support Staff: NJC SCP 23-25: £27,027 to £29,709 pa after pro rata
What skills and experience we're looking for
We wish to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic person to join our team of Pastoral Year Leaders on a permanent basis as soon as possible. Pastoral Year Leaders are key at St Anne’s in providing support to help students achieve their best in all aspects of their development. As Pastoral Year Leader, you will take responsibility for a specific year group, supporting students through the provision of high-quality pastoral care and education. You will develop a positive culture of achievement within your year group focussing proactively on progress, uniform, equipment, behaviour, attendance, punctuality, safeguarding and welfare.
You will have the ability to build strong professional working relationships with students, parents, carers and colleagues, think on your feet and be a good problem solver. You will be an excellent communicator, have sound analytical skills, be flexible in your approach and willing to do what it takes to help every student succeed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with children/young people to improve outcomes
- Has knowledge, understanding, experience and a commitment to child protection and wider safeguarding remit
- Can engage young people / children to improve outcome
- Has high expectations of self and students, and acting as a positive role model to students.
- A passion for the best possible provision and continuous improvement of attendance, behaviour and learning.
What the school offers its staff
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School, two primary schools; East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. We also opened a new secondary school in Oldham in September 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy.
This position will be based at St Anne’s Academy, Middleton, but may from time to time require travel as necessary to collaborate with other schools which are all locally based.
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
- LGPS career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
- Convenient location for motorway (2 minute drive from Junction 19, M62), bus and tram networks
Further details about the role
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
- the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust
- The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the vacancy Supporting Documents section.
- The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Follow the link Cranmer Education Trust - Careers site to apply for this vacancy.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27 March 2023 at 09:00
The Cranmer Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About St Anne's Church of England Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 784 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to St Anne's Church of England Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College
Urban Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 8HT
Deputy Director of Learning - Raising Standards in English KS4 Lead
Whitcliffe Mount, A Share Academy
Turnsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ
The Blue Coat CofE School
Egerton Street, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 3SQ
Shadsworth Road, Blackburn, BB1 2HT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester