PE and KS3 Science Teacher (Fixed Term - Maternity Cover)
6 days remaining to apply
Start date details
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
- Maternity or parental leave cover - TBC
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
If you have not taught KS3 Science before we are happy to train you to deliver this curriculum-Goodwin Academy are seeking aPE/Science Teacherto join their vibrant and engaging, state of the art mixed Academy based in the heart of Deal. The successful candidate will be a qualified, motivated and enthusiastic teacher of PE/ KS3 Science, with a positive and open approach to learning. You will join our team of creative and committed professionals teaching across Years 7 - 11, who are passionate about teaching and learning. You will be a strong and effective classroom practitioner with high expectations for yourself and our children to ensure that they all achieve their very best. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative andstimulating curriculum, and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to PE and Science.Our Curriculum can be viewedhere.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Goodwin Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 857 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Goodwin Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system. The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions. Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
Arranging a visit to Goodwin Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Science Teacher (Fixed Term - Maternity Cover)
Hamilton Road, Deal, CT14 9BD
The North School
Essella Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8AL
The Whitstable School
Bellevue Road, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1PX
Simon Langton Girls' Grammar School
Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3EW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed