Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Grade 4 (Inner London): £24,705 FTE
- £20,676 (38 weeks per year, 37.5 hours per week)
PE HLTA/Sports Coach job summary
We are looking to recruit an experienced and inspiring Sports Coach to teach PE to primary age children at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will be to:
- Teach primary-age children the PE curriculum, including dance
- Plan, prepare, deliver and assess a range of CPD lessons, PPA cover, extra-curricular club sessions and other related programmes, all designed to enhance the school’s PE and Sporting culture.
- Ensure all equipment associated with the PE session is correctly set up, maintained, stored and returned on completion of the PE
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with external agencies as
- Be responsible for agreed enrichment
- To ensure all students identified for support are given every opportunity to access the
- To highlight each student’s learning needs to the class teacher and agree how they will be supported in lessons.
- Monitor identified students in lessons, providing teachers with feedback on participation and
- Support identified students to engage with the learning objectives set for the
- Use behaviour management strategies to contribute to creating a purposeful learning environment.
- Maintain records of students’ progress in relation to their
- Contribute to evaluation, review and target setting of provision
- To support teachers in creating a positive learning
- To join a curriculum team and be responsible for the organisation of linked resources
- To supervise students as part of playground duties
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths – Grade C or above
- UK Level 2 qualification (or higher) in any sport or appropriate equivalent qualification
- HLTA qualification
- Experience of delivering sport coaching sessions to young people aged between 5 and 11 in a school environment
- Knowledge of the PE National Curriculum and ability to deliver the curriculum through sport
- The ability to encourage and inspire young people through sport Energy and enthusiasm to improve the learning of all students Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiative Effective team worker
- Ability to work in a flexible way
- Ability to show sensitivity in complex situations Good organizational skills
- Aspirations to raise own academic achievement in the future
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
This job post has expired.
About Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 269 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Welcome to Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park where we are proud to celebrate the wide range of backgrounds, abilities, faiths and cultures within our school. Our success lies in our drive to ensure every pupil takes pride in their skills, abilities, and talents and uses these to help them attain the highest possible level of education.
We work together to ensure that our children have a bright, safe, secure and happy place to learn. We celebrate their achievements and encourage mutual respect for one another. We feel that by working together with our children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community we can encourage our pupils to show respect, take responsibility and show resilience as they grow with us.