PE/Sport Cover Supervisor (Part/Full Time) - Grade D
This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
21 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - Maximum 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum, final hours to be discussed at interview)
Full-time equivalent salary
- £23,703 - £26,401
- £19,179 - £21,645
What skills and experience we're looking for
We have the ideal opportunity for someone who would like to work in education and enjoys working with young people. This role offers you the exciting chance to work in a secondary school but without the full demands of a teaching post. If you are considering entering the teaching profession or just want to make a difference working with young people, this is the perfect job for you! We have a proven track record of developing people to go on to become PE teachers.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has an active interest in helping young people to achieve. You will need to be confident and able to supervise classes, including PE lessons, during the short-term absence of teachers. In addition, there will be the option to play a key role in our flourishing extra-curricular programme.
To succeed in this role, you will need a good sense of humour, a calm and caring manner and the ability to work on your own initiative. This is a very varied and interesting role; we can guarantee that no two days will be the same! Whilst offering you a challenge, this post can be very satisfying and it will give you a great sense of achievement. We will provide you with a full induction programme, excellent support and relevant training to enable you to be successful in this post. You will be provided with lesson plans and the resources to supervise lessons.
What the school offers its staff
- Toynbee prides itself on being a friendly, inclusive team with young people at the heart of our community.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to supporting all pupils to achieve their “Personal Best”
- Maintain and model high expectations
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be forward thinking, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
- Have proven literacy and numeracy skills. (Equivalent to at least a GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English)
In return we offer all our staff:
§ An extensive CPD and Induction programme
§ Excellent facilities
§ Access to Simplyhealth benefits
§ Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
§ A support team environment
§ Free Parking
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Toynbee School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1024 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Toynbee School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to The Toynbee School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Brighton Hill Community School
Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS
St Edmund's Catholic School
Arundel Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1RX
Pound Hill, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 9BS
John Hanson Community School
Floral Way, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3PB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire