We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
• Has real enthusiasm for their subject and a commitment to teaching Physical Education
• To lead on the successful delivery of GCSE Physical Education
• Values extra-curricular and is passionate about delivering a high quality extra-curricular program, particularly in Netball – A specialism in Netball is desirable but not essential
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback
• Believes that PE has an important role to play in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding
• Line manage staff within the PE department
• Work closely with the Head of Department to continue to develop the Physical Education department by contributing to the curriculum planning and preparation along with the promotion of a ‘Healthy Schools’ ethos.
• Lead on ITT for the PE Department, including mentoring new staff mentors.
• Lead on student leadership programme within PE
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live. To give students out of school experience by organising local and international trips.
• Establish and maintain links with partners in the community.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence.
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation
• An innovative Physical Education curriculum recognised by Youth Sport Trust
• An extensive and inclusive extra-curricular offer including local and international Sports Tours
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, school expeditions to locations such as Tanzania and Borneo, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
Applying for the job
Candidates must complete the required application form. CV's will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1113 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Burton Borough School
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
Arranging a visit to The Burton Borough School
School visits are available:
Wednesday 31st March at 12.35pm,
Tuesday 20th April at 12.35pm
Wednesday 21st April at 3.30pm.
Face masks must be worn at all times whilst in school