Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
MPS / UPS
Temporary to cover maternity leave.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated teacher to join an outstanding PE department in our thriving Catholic school community in the heart of the beautiful Ribble Valley.
St Augustine’s is a mixed, 11-16, oversubscribed comprehensive school with 1080 pupils on roll.
We have a strong academic profile and in 2013 we were judged by OFSTED to be “Outstanding” in all areas of school life. Our Section 48 report from 2014 describes us as an “outstanding Catholic school.”
We are looking for a person who will embrace the ethos of our community and build on our strengths.
The successful applicant will have:
• A passion for PE and sport and the ability to share this with young people
• Qualified Teacher Status with the ability to teach up to GCSE Level
• Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
• The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team and contribute to a rich extra-curricular programme
• A commitment to our vision of Catholic education with faith at the centre of school life
The ability to teach girls' football would be an advantage.
For more information about our school, please visit our website, www.sarchs.com .
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced safeguarding checks will be required.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.