PE Teacher – Part Time, 0.6 FTE
Actual Salary: £16,311 - £25,315 per annum
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 8 am on Monday 3rd October 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 11th October 2022
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional PE Teacher to join Plymouth High School for Girls.The candidate will be joining a highly successful PE department and will be required to demonstrate an understanding of how to deliver successful lessons at KS3 & 4 with the potential to teach at A level. Candidates should have high expectations of young people and be prepared to make a substantial contribution to our extra-curricular programme. This post is suitable for Early Career Teachers and more experienced colleagues.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by our motto “For life, not school, we learn”, drives all that we do.
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment.
Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be able to teach at all Key stages and open to teaching GCSE and A Level.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other teachers and work cohesively in a team situation.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all ECT’s
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation, you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head of Department, Alison Pickles, via the school reception on 0333 360 2230.
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact recruitment@ tsatrust.org.uk to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.