PE Teacher - We are happy to talk about Flexible Working
Position: PE Teacher = We are happy to talk about Flexible Working
Pay Range: NQT/MPR/UPR
Position Start Date: January 2020 (or sooner if possible)
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: Monday 14th October
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and will be able to foster enthusiasm and enjoyment of the subject with a clear focus on student achievement. Applicants will be ambitious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated teachers, determined to achieve the highest standards for the students that they teach. If you have energy and passion for your subject and would like to join an exciting, innovative and outstanding PE team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Why William Edwards School?
William Edwards is a large, successful, harmonious and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. Pupil outcomes across the school are historically strong. However, life at William Edwards is about so much more than just GCSE outcomes. We are proud of our national reputation for sport, the arts are extremely strong and we are proud to boast the largest Duke of Edinburgh Award cohort in the East of England. The school has some of the best sporting facilities of any school in the country including an 8 court sports hall, fitness centre, 2 gymnasiums and a large playing field. GCSE PE results are strong. We are one of only a small number of secondary schools nationally to hold both the Artsmark Platinum and the Youth Sports Trust Gold Award for our work in these diverse fields.
Following the school’s most recent inspection in May 2019, Ofsted said that “pupils who spoke to inspectors were effusive about their experience in school” and were are delighted that our recent inspection captured our considerable strengths in teaching, pastoral care, behaviour, pupil support and curriculum. We are pleased that these 'cornerstones' of high quality education remain strong at the school.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which is a multi-academy trust that was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. Our colleagues are critical to achieving this vision and securing the best futures for our young people.
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Bar
Essential educational requirements
• Evidence of recent and relevant professional development
• Successful teaching experience working with pupils from a range of socio economic backgrounds and with a variety of learning needs
• Experience of teaching at KS3 & KS4 (Included as part of your training)
• Experience of being a Form Tutor/Pastoral care of students.
• Qualified Secondary Teacher Status
• A relevant degree (or equivalent)
Essential skills and experience
• Understand and implement the school’s behaviour management policy to ensure a productive and safe learning environment
• Ability to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability
• Ability to plan and teach well-structured lessons based upon accurate assessment.
• Understand and support the importance of physical and emotional wellbeing
• Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and a full commitment to inclusion on all levels
• A passion for ensuring all children and young people achieve to the best of their abilities
• The ability to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative curriculum that inspires pupils, promotes positive pupil attitudes and good engagement with learning and leads pupils in the pursuit of excellence
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
• Competitive salaries
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
• Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
• Relocation package including up to 6 months’ free accommodation
• Reduced gym membership at the school
• Becoming part of a growing organisation
• A health and wellbeing package
• A two week October half term
About William Edwards School
William Edwards is a very popular, oversubscribed 11-16 school. It is the strategic lead school for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance and is part of the growing South West Essex Community Education Trust. Pupil outcomes across the school are significantly above the national average.
- Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 3NJ
- William Edwards School website (opens in a new window)