Performing Arts Teacher
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 11:59pm
17 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Dramajobs, View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full and part-time options due to the school being oversubscribed
- View all Part timejobs - Full and part-time options due to the school being oversubscribed
- M1 - U3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Performing Arts related degree
- This post is suitable for both experienced candidates and those new to the profession.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to teach Performing Arts
- A passion for the arts and a commitment to embedding a lifelong love of learning to our students
- A high expectation for students of all abilities
- Forward thinking disposition, creative, receptive to change and able to work within and contribute to the continual development of the team.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
What the school offers its staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful ECT support programme.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen which is open to staff all day
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive and forward-thinking team.
- A range of opportunities outside of work to socialise with colleagues including a staff gym.
Further details about the role
The Blandford School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Performing Arts Teacher to join our thriving and supportive school. The successful applicant will be joining a thriving Performing and Creative Arts Faculty who provide a wide range of opportunities to students both within the curriculum and outside. The successful applicant will have the ability to teach a range of performing arts subjects including some music and drama. Due to being over subscribed there is the potential for a full or part time options.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Blandford School is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school with high aspirations for our students, situated in the beautiful county of Dorset, 30 minutes from the beaches of Poole and Bournemouth and 40 minutes from the New Forest National Park. With outstanding modern facilities, and inspirational and dedicated staff, our students achieve above the national average and progress to a wide range of destinations.
The school has an excellent CPD programme based on the latest research evidence to ensure that all teachers, no matter their level of experience are able to develop and improve. We are focussed on ensuring staff well-being and pride ourselves on a supportive team approach.
We welcome candidates contacting / visiting the school prior to an application, please contact Duncan Smith (Deputy Headteacher) DSmith@blandfordschool.org.uk for further information or to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 5th June (The school reserves the right to interview candidates prior to the closing date if appropriate)
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Blandford School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1082 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Blandford School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01258 451121
The Blandford School is a successful school with high aspirations for our students, situated in the beautiful county of Dorset. The school has outstanding modern facilities and inspirational and dedicated staff, and embraces the opportunity to engage with new initiatives to continue to drive improvement.
Arranging a visit to The Blandford School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Cornerstone Academy
Blandford Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 4BQ
Bishop Wordsworth's Church of England Grammar School
Exeter Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2ED
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole