Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main Pay Scale 1 - 2
To inspire and challenge young people to enable them to develop into highly effective independent learners and achieve their full potential as individuals to become “the best that they can be” because God is with us in all that we do. The role of a teacher is vital, unique and far reaching.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To teach a class effectively, initially in Key stage 1 or 2.
2. To plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning that inspires and challenges all pupils.
3. To implement strategies to enable pupils to develop into highly effective independent super learners.
4. To represent the ethos and Christian values of the school whilst teaching pupils.
5. To promote a happy and stimulating environment to develop children’s curiosity, knowledge and skills.
6. To contribute to the development of teaching and learning within Key Stage 1 or 2 phase.
7. To be committed to raising standards and improving the life opportunities of all pupils in line with the key priorities identified in the School Development Plan (SDP).
8. To participate fully in meetings, INSET and SDP with a view to develop outstanding practice.
9. To use data to monitor pupil progress, provide additional support and guidance where necessary, and ensure that pupils make at least expected progress in line with age related expectations.
10. To lead and direct teaching assistants to support learning and teaching in the classroom.
11. To contribute to the running of extra-curricular and cross-curricular activities, trips and residential trips.
12. To be committed to high standards of communication, professional cooperation and integrity.
13. To work within the system of line management for appraisal.
14. To maintain national professional standards and adhere to all school policies and procedures, including safeguarding best practice.
15. To embrace the ethos and values of Eaglesfield Paddle CE Primary Academy as a caring and compassionate community where pupils can grow, develop and thrive.
16. Comply with all reasonable instructions given by the Headteacher.
Applying for the job
Application packs can be downloaded from the vacancies page of the school website at https://www.eaglesfieldpaddle.cumbria.sch.uk/vacancies/
Please complete the application form and provide a covering letter stating your curricular and extra-curricular strengths and interests.
Applications should be returned by hand or post to the school office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Thursday 22nd April. Any application forms received after this date and time will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
208 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Eaglesfield Paddle CofE Primary Academy
Eaglesfield Paddle is a Church of England Primary Academy serving the needs of a large rural catchment area to the south west of Cockermouth. The school is just inside the boundary of the Lake District National Park and enjoys an enviable geographical position over-looking the north western fells. Our mission statement is ‘to be that best you can be’, as we are always striving to get better at what we do.
Over the last 20 years Paddle has undergone various major developments. These extensions and refurbishments have totally transformed the school, providing an inspiring indoor and outdoor learning environment for both children and staff. We presently have 189 children on role with an additional 30 children attending the nursery. There are ten teachers inclusive of the headteacher, eight teaching support assistants, and an apprentice. Our staff are all very supportive of one another and strive to be ‘the best that they can be’.
The academy has an excellent reputation for providing a broad and balanced education for its children. During the last two OFSTED Inspections it was graded as “Outstanding” in all areas. There is a strong emphasis to the core subjects with reading being seen as central to our work. A wide range of extra curricular activities are offered and we have a strong commitment to residential education from Year 2 upwards. A key feature of learning at Paddle is the use of interactive technology across the curriculum with multi-screens, laptops, iPads and mini iPads to aid teaching and learning. All teachers and teaching assistants are equipped with their own personal laptop and iPad.
The academy is supported and well managed by a very talented and committed Board of Governors. Parents are encouraged to involve themselves at Paddle, via the Governing Body and volunteering with the day to day activities in school. The Paddle Community Association is very active and provides valuable funding to support resourcing in our school.
Arranging a visit to Eaglesfield Paddle CofE Primary Academy
Unfortunately at this time school visits are not permitted.