Permanent Teacher of Sociology
Higham Lane School, Nuneaton, Warwickshire
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||£24373 - £40490|
Higham Lane School is delighted to welcome applications for the post of Teacher of Sociology for September 2020. Applications are invited from suitably-qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teachers to teach Sociology at Key Stage 4 and 5.
School offers both internal and external CPD opportunitiesMore on how to apply
|School size||1425 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Higham Lane School website (opens in a new window)|
About Higham Lane School
Higham Lane is a large, 11-18 comprehensive academy with Aspiring Teaching School status, set on an attractive site on the Warwickshire-Leicestershire border, easily accessible due to excellent road, rail and bus connections. Achievement in all its forms: artistic, academic, social, cultural, sporting and intellectual is equally valued in our diverse five year, knowledge-rich curriculum. The School was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2019. Results for our Year 11 students in 2019 maintained our tradition of being the highest performing school within the town and amongst the highest non-selective school in the county. Furthermore our 2019 results placed the school within the top 20% of schools nationally. We were delighted that the school achieved 82% for the percentage of students achieving 9-4 in both English and Maths. Progress was impressive, with a Progress 8 score of 0.37 – over 1/3rd of a grade better progress than students of a similar ability nationally. The percentage of students achieving GCSE grades 9-4 in English at 89% was among the highest in the county. The percentage for Maths was equally strong too at 87%. Over a third of our students studying English achieved GCSE grades 9-7 – 40%, with nearly a quarter studying both English and Maths achieved GCSE grades 9-7 – 23%. We are also delighted to have achieved impressive A level results in our high-performing Sixth Form. Our progress figures indicate that our teaching and learning and student behaviour and engagement are excellent!
WHY WORK FOR HIGHAM LANE SCHOOL?
• we empower teachers to teach and students to learn! Students’ behaviour is excellent.
• our SLT and Progress Leaders regularly visit lessons, support teachers and uphold our ethos.
• we are committed to reducing teacher workload by always looking to streamline our ways of working, for example, by making greater use of whole-class feedback, rather than pointlessly marking excessively.
• we value our staff as experts in their subjects.
• staff wellbeing is very important to us. We care about each other.
• we ensure a work-life balance in the way we organise our meetings and INSET days and ensure emails are used sparingly.
• we support staff to look after themselves, for example through our health awareness events.
• our regular CPD is second to none and highly-regarded by our staff.
• we provide bespoke career stage training such as NPQSL, NPQML and NPQH as well as OLEVI programmes for improving and outstanding teachers.
• we are actively leading school-to-school support within our local area.
• we get on well together and celebrate our many achievements in a range of social events!
Shanklin Drive, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0BJ